BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day


So I am quite Irish so St. Patrick's Day has always been a pretty big deal for my family. We always have corn beef and cabbage. It is a big thing at my grandparents house. This year I was at first going to invite Jon, and it would have just been my parents and my little brother, I would not put Jon meeting the extended part of my family yet. But then he was moving and it is my spring break so I was going too go visit Jon in California for the week and not really do anything for St. Patrick's day unless Jon was doing something. But then he went to China and I believe he is still in Japan, so no I stayed in Texas, and will be having corn beef and cabbage tonight with my family. It's not a bad thing I love corn beef and cabbage and because of my parents view on alcohol I will get to drink if I want and if we have it, not sure if we will have it because well I really don't know why it is St. Patrick's day so I am sure there will be some from of alcohol, I mean according to the stereotype of Irish is that they get drunk all the time. But I think the real purpose of this post other then to say Happy St. Patrick's Day is to show how much one day, one plan can change. I have been dealing with so much change and in so little time and I have had very little control over it, I think that is a big reason of why I am transferring schools, that is change I control, that is something that will get me closer to someone I want to be with and get my relationship back to being how it was before he moved. I hope Jon is traveling today because he dose not believe in eating on this day, at least I think he was joking, hopefully, but still the sooner he gets back to California the sooner I can talk to him. This is a holiday that I feel close to because of my heritage so again I wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day.


It is also my my aunt Jean's Birthday, she is my godmother and is always so happy when I talk to her. She fell off a horse when I was five and has major brain damage, she lives with my grandparents and is much like a middle school girl, she can't work and I don't remember her in any other way. She had a husband but the sad part about brain trauma is that it is hard on the loved ones, and they did not last much past that first year. But again this is her Birthday and she will be and is probably very excited about that fact.

0 comments: